Don’t worry, it’s not too late. If you need to offer a pet owner a partial refund after booking, we’re here to help. You can send a stay modification request, before the booking end, right from your Rover inbox. Here’s how:
- Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the conversation icon.
- Select the Upcoming Bookings tab and then select the booking you want to modify.
Once the booking is open, locate the gray box that lists your service details. Select Modify booking.
- Under Why are you modifying this booking select either “the owner’s plans changed” or “my plans changed.”
- To offer your client a flat refund, beneath the Extras and Adjustments section, type a minus sign (-) then enter the amount you would like to refund in the Adjust the cost of this booking box.
If you’d like to reduce the nightly/daily rate of the booking, simply update the price in the Rates section instead.
- Once you’ve adjusted the booking, review changes in Summary, write a short message to the owner explaining the updates, then select Submit changes.
- The request will then be sent to the owner to confirm. They’ll have up to 72 hours to confirm the modification. Once the modification is confirmed, both you and your client will receive a confirmation email and your client will be refunded.
If you need to refund a past booking, contact Rover Support for assistance.